Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Super Easy, Super Yummy Rice

I make this rice as both a side dish and a main course. You put all the ingredients together and in the oven it goes... so easy! My kind of recipe!

1 cup rice (not the quick cooking kind)
1 can of french onion soup
1 can broth (chicken or beef... I usually have boxed broth on hand, so I just fill up the french onion soup can with the broth to measure)
1 small can mushrooms (if that's your thing!)
1 stick of butter (I usually don't use the whole stick...maybe a half or so)

This is where you can stop if you are using it as a side dish. Stir all the ingredients together and put them in a 9x13 dish for an hour at 350.

If you want to make it as a main dish/casserole just add shredded chicken (however much you want... I usually shred the white meat of a rotisserie chicken to use) and a can of water chestnuts. I guess you could add whatever vegetables you like... I am just a creature of habit that follows a recipe strictly! ha! This still goes into the oven for an hour at 350.

I have tried this with brown rice (thinking it would be healthier) and the rice DID NOT cook?!? I am not sure if I had a bad batch of rice, or if brown rice just takes a lot longer or what.... so I usually use enriched medium grain rice. It seems to work well.

This is really good with the cranberry chicken recipe that Alyssa posted. One of our favorite meals!


No comments:

Post a Comment