Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Derby Hat Cupcakes!

More cupcakes, ladies. This one can be done with any cupcake variation. I chose strawberry cupcakes and butter cream icing. This "recipe" is really more craft instructional.

1. Make cupcakes. (I used a strawberry boxed cake mix.)
2. Put butter cream icing in an icing bag with cap. I mixed butter cream and cream cheese after softening them each in the microwave for 15 seconds.
3. Swirl icing on cupcakes. Make two layers of icing swirl.
4. Top with edible pearls.
**Stop here for simple, classy cupcakes. Keep going for fun Derby ones.
5. Buy small doll hats and ribbon from Hobby Lobby and make little hat toppers. (I used no glue on these. The hats are sold individually or in a package of six. I bought 2 packages of six for the price of 2 individual, so go bulk!)
6. Top hats onto the iced cupcakes, and voila!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment