Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Homemade Payday


This is one of my favorite family recipes and I probably make it more than anything else I make. It's super easy, super tasty, and pretty inexpensive, so why not? No refrigeration necessary, so it's a great recipe for parties, Sunday School, or mailing to someone.

What you'll need:
1 package of Reese's Peanut Butter chips
1 package of mini marshmallows
1 jar of peanuts (I use "lightly salted")


Directions:
1. Combine marshmallows and peanut butter chips in a large mixing bowl. Melt in the microwave to a creamy and easily-stirrable consistency. (Keep an eye on it, too, because this could happen if you leave it in there too long...)


2. Pour in peanuts and mix together.
3. Spray a 9x13 pan and spread the mixture. It is thick and sticky, so I like to spray my hands too before patting it all out.
4. Let cool/harden. Cut into squares.

Variation:
Coat finished squares in Baker's dipping chocolate for homemade Baby Ruth!

1 comment: