Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Yummy Chicken Alfredo and Garlic Bread

So I am addicted to Olive Garden's chicken alfredo dish so I attempted to make it today and turned out perfect! No leftovers even. I forgot to get garlic bread when at the store so I improvised when I got home and it was so yummy!






(Oh and I forgot to take a picture at first so I just did it with my phone, sorry doesn't look all cute on a real plate, no time for that with 2 kids!)




Chicken Alfredo (Serves about 4)


1/2 cup butter


1 pint heavy whipping cream


1 tsp garlic salt


salt and pepper to taste


2/3 cup fresh grated parmesan


1lb box fettuccine noodles (prepared as box says)


2 large chicken breast (boiled)


3oz of cream cheese (pinched into small peices)





Over medium-low heat melt butter, add cream, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Simmer 20-30 mins, stirring constantly until thick. After hot can add the cream cheese to help thicken up some. Remove from heat, add parmesan and mix. Cut chicken into small pieces once done. Mix in fettuccine noodles with the sauce and chicken pieces.








Sweet Garlic Bread


Sweet Hawaiian Rolls (cut in half)


Shredded cheese (whichever your family keeps in the fridge should be fine, ours was colby and monteray jack mix bag)


Garlic Salt


Butter





Spread small amount of butter on roll halves. Top with sprinkle of garlic salt and then cheese. Bake at 350 for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

1 comment:

  1. look at you improvising with the bread! ;) looks so yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete