Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Citrus Marinade

We grilled out chicken for Father's Day and used this Citrus Marinade. It is awesome!! I have always used it with chicken, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work for pork too.

****
Citrus Marinade
2-3 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp. grainy mustard
1/4 cup vinegar
1 or 2 limes
1 lemon
6 tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper
****

This is good for about 6 chicken breasts. I marinade for about 4-6 hours. If it goes longer than that, I start to worry about the acid from the vinegar and lime/lemon juice starting to "cook" the chicken. I heard that once on the food network and now I have some strange "phobia" about letting meat sit in acidic substances too long....strange I know.

We use this a TON during the summer when grilling. It is so yummy!!! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love homemade marinades! Thus would make a cool gift, too. Homemade sauces and marinades for a grill master?

    ReplyDelete