Boneless skinless chicken breasts (how many you want)
Bacon slices (turkey bacon is cheaper and better for you, we had the real stuff though)
Chives (or parsley, oregano)
- Pound chicken breasts until flat (if they are frozen thaw first).
- Liberally spread each chicken breast with cream cheese and a little butter.
- Top with seasonings (you don't have to use the ones listed, that's just what I used and it was good).
- Roll up each chicken breast, wrap with bacon and put a toothpick in each piece.
- Bake @ 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes in a casserole dish or cookie sheet (with sides)
- Turn on broiler and cook for 5 minutes about six inches away from the boiler to get the bacon crispy.
- Serve with rice, a veggie or pasta. Enjoy!
Funny story, for some reason we only have colored toothpicks (I don't even recall buying them that's how long I've had them). Well the color came off in the chicken so some pieces of chicken were colored! Haha It tasted fine and we got a good laugh (Brett didn't even notice, I had to tell him!) :)