Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Chicken

I'm sure most people get kind of tired of chicken, especially if you use the same recipes over and over...I know I can!  I found this recipe on Pinterest and tried it since I already had everything (which never happens!).  I didn't take a picture, but here is the picture from the blog, Blog Chef with the recipe.


Ingredients:
Boneless skinless chicken breasts (how many you want)
Bacon slices (turkey bacon is cheaper and better for you, we had the real stuff though)
Cream cheese
Butter
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Chives (or parsley, oregano)
Salt
Pepper
Toothpicks
  1. Pound chicken breasts until flat (if they are frozen thaw first).
  2. Liberally spread each chicken breast with cream cheese and a little butter.
  3. Top with seasonings (you don't have to use the ones listed, that's just what I used and it was good).
  4. Roll up each chicken breast, wrap with bacon and put a toothpick in each piece.
  5. Bake @ 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes in a casserole dish or cookie sheet (with sides)
  6. Turn on broiler and cook for 5 minutes about six inches away from the boiler to get the bacon crispy.
  7. Serve with rice, a veggie or pasta.  Enjoy!
We had large pieces of chicken breast and smaller ones (smaller than my palm) and the smaller were so good!  So I recommend cutting the large pieces in half before putting cream cheese on it.  The original recipe called for chive and onion cream cheese but I didn't have that so I used an opened block I had and just added the spices.  It was so good and very easy!! (Brett did most of the work actually because I was doing school work!) 

Funny story, for some reason we only have colored toothpicks (I don't even recall buying them that's how long I've had them).  Well the color came off in the chicken so some pieces of chicken were colored! Haha  It tasted fine and we got a good laugh (Brett didn't even notice, I had to tell him!)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment